[Mediawiki-l] Problem uploading Files

Rob Sharp rob at boringbutgood.com
Fri Jan 25 12:08:23 UTC 2008

Morning all,

I've installed a fresh copy of Mediawiki on an Ubunto 7.10 server.
This is on a private network.

Here is the Version output:-

     * MediaWiki: 1.11.0
     * PHP: 5.2.3-1ubuntu6.3 (apache2handler)
     * MySQL: 5.0.45-Debian_1ubuntu3.1-log

I'm having trouble with the Upload Files option.

I'm trying to upload a .png image file. Initially when selected I was
getting a message along the lines of an invalid filetype despite png
being an allowed extension. I disabled mimetype checking to get round
this.

Now I receive the following emssage whenever I try to upload anything:-

Upload warning
This file contains HTML or script code that may be erroneously be
interpreted by a web browser.

Any ideas how I can correct this?

The images directory on my server is publically writeable.

Rob