[Mediawiki-l] FW: Need Installation Help for IIS 6.0

Rowe, Dolores A dolores.a.rowe at boeing.com
Thu Jan 17 18:33:49 UTC 2008

Today I logged onto the server as the IUSR account (that's what the web
server is
running as).  This account COULD write to the config directory, so
therefore the message
MediaWiki 1.11.0 is giving me is not true.

Do any of you developers of this wiki know what other problems could
cause MediaWiki to
throw this error ??

"Can't write config file, aborting.
In order to configure the wiki you have to make the config subdirectory
writable by the web server. Once configuration is done you'll move the
created LocalSettings.php to the parent directory, and for added safety
you can then remove the config subdirectory entirely."
tanx,
Lori

Lori (Dolores) Rowe
Web Administrator / DataDrill /
InstallShield/InstallAnywhere Support
Software Engineering Tools and Environments
Boeing Company
(314)882-8784