[Mediawiki-l] JOB ADVERT: MediaWiki hacker wanted

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:16:48 UTC 2008

Is it OK to post relevant job adverts to this list? It doesn't appear
to be forbidden anywhere, but I apologize in advance if I am
inadvertently breaking the rules.

Since this is my first post here, I'd better introduce myself. I'm
currently setting up a company which will host an inclusionist fork of
Wikipedia. Over time our website will also collect and integrate data
from other sources.

I'm looking for a person or persons to work as programmers on the website.

Job title: MediaWiki hacker

Essential skills that you will have:

    * PHP
    * MySQL
    * Linux
    * familiarity with wikis and Wikipedia

Desirable skills:

    * ideally you are an experienced MediaWiki hacker who has written
MediaWiki extensions
    * Python
    * experience contributing to open source projects
    * experience as a website sysadmin, particularly running Ubuntu and Apache.

Pay: negotiable. Initially on a contract basis. Eventually I hope to
offer a full-time job and stock options to a person or persons who
is/are competent and efficient. This is your chance to get in at the
start of what may be the next big thing.

I'm based in Edinburgh, Scotland, and ideally I'd like someone based
in Edinburgh, if not that then in the UK, if not that then anywhere in
the world.

Interested? Write to me at cabalamat at googlemail.com

Philip Hunt, cabalamat at googlemail.com