[Mediawiki-l] Problem with image upload

Tim Gowen tim.gowen at rafmuseum.org
Wed Jan 16 15:10:23 UTC 2008

I've just installed MediaWiki in Windows 2003 with MySQL 4.1.22, PHP
5.2.5 and MediaWiki 1.11.0.

I have enabled upload of images, but when I select an image for upload I
get the following internal error:

A database error has occurred
Query: SELECT
img_size,img_width,img_height,img_bits,img_media_type,img_major_mime,img
_minor_mime,img_metadata,img_timestamp,img_sha1 FROM `image` WHERE
img_name = 'Campaignlogo.jpg' LIMIT 1
Function: LocalFile::loadFromDB
Error: 1054 Unknown column 'img_sha1' in 'field list' (localhost)

Am I using the wrong version of MySQL or PHP?

When I put the image right in the /images folder, which has all the
correct permissions set, the page fails to load altogether with a 500
Internal Server Error.  However the $wgLogo image works perfectly well.

	Tim
RAF Museum Photograph Sales are now available online at www.rafmuseumphotos.com

Confidentiality: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.

Security Warning: Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. You should remember this lack of security when e-mailing us.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should take steps to confirm that they are actually virus free.

Consider the environment: Do you need to print this message?