[Mediawiki-l] Need Installation Help for IIS 6.0

Rowe, Dolores A dolores.a.rowe at boeing.com
Tue Jan 15 20:51:02 UTC 2008

Teammates,

Here is my environment:

A project has Windows Server 2003 with IIS 6.0 installed on VMWare
v1.0.4 virtual server.

I have successfully installed PHP 5.2.3 and MySQL 4.1.14 on this virtual
server.  I can serve html as well
As php files using this virtual server.  However, when I try to install
MediaWiki 1.11.0,
I get this error:

Can't write config file, aborting.
In order to configure the wiki you have to make the config subdirectory
writable by the web server. Once configuration is done you'll move the
created LocalSettings.php to the parent directory, and for added safety
you can then remove the config subdirectory entirely.

However, I have given everyone I can think of write access to try to
resolve the problem, including:

IIS_WPG
IUSR_
IWAM_