[Mediawiki-l] Thumbs problem after upgrade to 1.12alpha

Samuel Lampa samuel.lampa.l at rilnet.com
Tue Jan 15 18:17:29 UTC 2008

I upgraded from 1.10 to 1.12alpha phase3 (checked out from 2008-01-14).
Now thumbnails are being created in the thumb directory but not shown
from there. Instead only some images are shown, and if they are shown
they are shown via the thumb.php file only, even though the thumbnail is
created in the thumb directory (a new one is created if I delete it and
refresh the article). And when visiting any image article, the image
itself is not shown on that page, only links to the original images
(which works).

I tried all the tips at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Upgrading_MediaWiki#Broken_Images
without success.

I know 1.12 is not released as a "release" yet, but just looking for any
hints.

Details about my upgrade process:

    * I kept the Localsettings file from my previous installation. I
      just switched to using another mw install directory, and changed
      Apache's vhosts file to point to that folder.
    * The images folder for my site is located outside the mediawiki
      install folder, and is linked to from images/my-domain-name with a
      softlink (ln -s ...), so when upgrading I just created another
      soft link, from the new mw-install-directory/images/my-domain-name
      to that same images folder.
    * I've checked that all the images folders (including /temp,
      /archive and /thumb) have 777 rights, and have owner
      www-data:www-data

I'm running Ubuntu Server 6.06 LTS, With Apache2 and PHP 5.1.2

Best Regards
Samuel