[Mediawiki-l] Interwiki Links and wanted Pages

Schmid, Wolfgang W.Schmid at t-systems.com
Tue Jan 15 13:15:08 UTC 2008

Hello,
I've installed a new wiki version 1.11 (but older wikis behave like
version 1.11).
Furthermore I've inserted interwiki links from
maintenance/wikipedia-interwiki.sql.
In my wiki are links to the german wikipedia and other wikis.

1st:
Typically I use [[w:de:pagename]] to access the german wikipedia.
This link is expanded to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/de:pagename which
is redirected to
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/pagename and works well.
There's another shortcut 'de' in interwiki.sql which I want to use and
which should be expanded
to http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/  (the last URL above).
When I use [[de:pagename]] to link to the german wiki no link to the
foreign page (empty string) is shown in my wiki.

2nd:
When I call 'special:wantedpages' it seems so, that all pages referenced
from other wikis apear in this list.
This is independent if a page really exist or not, i.e. pages
[[w:de:Kennwort]] or [[w:Free_Software_ Foundation]] exist.
Clicking to german wikipedia links, the corresponding page will be
shown, clicking to the english wikipedia link
the correspnding page will be opened in edit mode.

This is very strange behavior. Can anyone explain this behavior.

Thanks for your help
Wolfgang