[Mediawiki-l] Shared Image Upload: Thumb problem

Kenny Debrauwer mopster at telenet.be
Fri Jan 11 21:02:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

I set up 4 wiki's who share images. This works, except for the thumbnails. I
get the following message instead of the thumb :

Error creating thumbnail: Unable to create destination directory

This is what I have in my 3 wiki's who use the images of a 4th. This 4th one
doesn't have any settings concerning shared upload. The image folder on each
wiki has full access.

//Shared Image pool

$wgUploadNavigationUrl = "http://www.domain.tld/index.php/Special:Upload";

$wgUseSharedUploads = true;

$wgSharedUploadPath = 'http://www.domain.tld/images';

$wgSharedUploadDirectory = '/(LOCALPATH)/images/';

$wgHashedSharedUploadDirectory = true;

This is what I followed to set it up :
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Wiki_family#Upload

Do I need to add the settings to the pool wiki as well ? (it's a normal
wiki, not a separate wiki just for images) Or is this another setting I need
to set?

Regards,

Kenny