[Mediawiki-l] Changing logo to no logo at all

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Sat Jan 5 00:57:56 UTC 2008

Just edit skins/Monobook.php and delete the #p-logo div from the php
skin, and do the same for other skins if you want.
As for those for visually disabled persons... The site would probably be
better with a custom skin designed for ease of use with their computer.
$wgLogo isn't used anywhere other than defining the logo for the
skins... And there are actually some skins which use a different logo
than what's defined by that. Custom though... eg: Wikia's Quartz skins
use a "Wiki_wide.png" which is actually 266x75px to give more horizontal
room and avoid taking up to much vertical space pushing content down the
page.
((It might be an idea to create a new variable $wgLogos which is an
array with a '###x###' key with the logo size it's made for... So
Monobookesque skins will just use '155x155' and skins using other sizes
can grab a logo of a different size to avoid stretches in any skin)).

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Gaiapedia (http://gaia.wikia.com)
-Wikia ACG on Wikia.com (http://wikia.com/wiki/Wikia_ACG)
-and Wiki-Tools.com (http://wiki-tools.com)