[Mediawiki-l] Why <top-notice-pagename> page contents <bottom-notice-pagename>

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Thu Jan 3 18:32:15 UTC 2008

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PageNotice,
> (which is responsible for the <top-notice-pagename> page contents
> <bottom-notice-pagename>), it says to "...define fixed notice messages

> for the top or the bottom of each page ... by creating MediaWiki
> messages ..." ... but I cannot find a reference or example on how to
> create a Mediawiki system message! Can anyone be so kind as to direct
> me to a link showing an example so that I can implement the extension?
> Thanks!

> Thomas Dalton wrote:
> Just edit [[Mediawiki:top-notice-pagename]] using a sysop account.

Peter Blaise responds:

GREAT!  And so simple - doh!  I can also include tables, images,
background colors, making a banner, or whatever now.  PERFECT!  The
Extension page has been updated with examples to share the wealth.
Thanks again, Thomas