[Mediawiki-l] dpl in ifexist construct?

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Wed Feb 27 16:22:04 UTC 2008

Infobox templates separated and called by each other... You mean?
[[Template:Foo]] has [[Category:Foo]]
[[Template:Bar]] has [[Category:Bar]]
[[Template:FooBar]] includes both of them.
And [[FooBar]] includes {{FooBar}} and as a result has the categories
Foo and Bar.
Ya, that's all done with templates, it's got nothing to do with a DPL
vs. Semantic MediaWiki difference, so whichever method you use you can
still do that kind of thing.
Actually, SMW is meant to be done using templates, they refer to the
term "Semantic templates" allot because good practice is to put common
attributes into templates to simplify and automate the use of them.
A SMW version of that use would be something like:
[[Template:Foo]] has [[Property::Foo]]
[[Template:Bar]] has [[Property::Bar]]
[[Template:FooBar]] includes both of them.
And [[FooBar]] includes {{FooBar}} and as a result has Foo and Bar in
it's 'Property'.

Actually, Semantic Forms basically covers your entire plan of a
"Front-end". You can create custom forms with special markup and those
forms can be used to edit pages with your infobox templates included in
them. You can even then include those info final articles.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Gaiapedia (http://gaia.wikia.com)
-Wikia ACG on Wikia.com (http://wikia.com/wiki/Wikia_ACG)
-and Wiki-Tools.com (http://wiki-tools.com)