[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade has broken pretty url's

coptang at gmail.com coptang at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:37:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

My installation is here: http://wiki.themixingbowl.org/

I've recently upgraded from 1.9.3 to the latest 1.11.1 and I'm unable
to make my short url's work correctly.

The standard /Article works fine (see
http://wiki.themixingbowl.org/FAQ) but when the full URL is required -
when a second $_GET variable needs to be passed (e.g.
http://wiki.themixingbowl.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=FAQ)
mediawiki ignores the URL's. It's like only url's in the format of
$wgArticlePath are recognised.

Basically, if I set $wgArticlePath      = "/$1";
as it is at the moment then mediawiki failes to recognise the
http://wiki.themixingbowl.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=FAQ
style of url's.

If I were to set $wgArticlePath = "$wgScript?title=$1"; (without
changing my rewrite rules) then the URL
http://wiki.themixingbowl.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=FAQ
will work fine.

These URL's worked fine with 1.9.3 but aren't working for me on 1.11.1.

Sorry for the waffle-y email but it's a difficult problem to explain
(and to search for solutions for).

If I've left out any vital info to help diagnose the issue please let me know.

Many thanks