[Mediawiki-l] Farmer Extension

panoptical2 panoptical2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 16:55:04 UTC 2008

I've done all that the documentation says on the Farmer extension, and yet I
still run into database issues. All the special pages work fine (including
the main page and the admin pages), but whenever I try to create a test
wiki, this happens...

Database error

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "Article::insertOn". MySQL returned error "1146: Table
'a8889767_newiki2.test_-_page' doesn't exist (localhost)"

Yes, the weird database name (a8889767_newiki2) was forced upon me by free
hosting. However, when I look at the database creation code (in
MediaWikiFarmer_Wiki.php, found
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/Farmer/MediaWikiFarmer_Wiki.php?view=annotate
here on line 118 , there is a stipend that checks to see if the database
about to be created exists yet. Could this be causing the SQL server to
throw an exception before anything happens?