[Mediawiki-l] What's the difference?

Paul Williams paul at skenmy.com
Tue Feb 19 18:13:52 UTC 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 6:09 PM, John W Foster <johnwfoster at verizon.net> wrote:

> In editing LocalSettings.php I see two types of process. one is for
> example;  require_once( "$IP/extensions/ImageMap/ImageMap.php" );
>
> the other is : include_once( "$IP/extensions/ImageMap/ImageMap.php" );
>
> Can someone tell me what is the difference?
> Thanks!
> Frosty

If you are asking the difference between require_once and include_once,
require_once throws a fatal error if it is unable to include the file,
whereas include_once will only throw a warning.

The _once means that they will not be included if they were already included
previously in the script execution.

~ Paul Williams
~ [[n:User:Skenmy]]