[Mediawiki-l] dpl in ifexist construct?

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:21:06 UTC 2008

I have a template, part of which contains this code:

{{#dpl:
  |category    = Service
  |category    = CU {{{cu_name}}}
  |titlematch  = Infobox SC %
  |include     = {Infobox Service Info}:sc_id:sla_id:comment
  |table=class = sortable border=2 cellpadding=2,-,service id,sla id,comment
}}

It works fine, except when there is no page matching the categories
and titlematch, when it throws the warning "%DPL-1.6.4-WARNING: No
results!".
So I tried to embed it in an ifexist construct like this:

{{#ifexist:
  {{#dpl:
    |category    = Service
    |category    = CU {{{cu_name}}}
    |titlematch  = Infobox SC %
  }}
  | {{#dpl:
    |category    = Service
    |category    = CU {{{cu_name}}}
    |titlematch  = Infobox SC %
    |include     = {Infobox Service Info}:sc_id:sla_id:comment
    |table=class = sortable border=2 cellpadding=2,-,service id,sla id,comment
  }}
}}

Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  Even when the matching page exists,
the table is not displayed.  Is this a limitation of dpl, or am I
overlooking something obvious?

Kind regards,

Herta
--
"Life on Earth may be expensive,
 but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."