[Mediawiki-l] Is there any reason to use a table name prefixifyou don't have to?

Jack Eapen C jackec at suntecgroup.com
Tue Feb 5 14:04:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

I suppose the original question was  not based on such a situation. He
(Gadget Doctor) hasn't mentioned about multiple wiki projects in his
installation. So, simple answer was he can do away with the table
prefix. Even if he wants to add more projects later, he can add prefixes
to the new tables.

Another point- you mentioned that "Mediawiki has 136 separate tables
per-install". But in my MW 1.11, I can see only around 50 tables. Am I
missing something?

Regards,

Jack
"May He protect us both. May He cause us both to enjoy.May we exert
together. May our studies become brilliant. May we not hate each other"