[Mediawiki-l] Is there any reason to use a table name prefix if you don't have to?

The Gadget Doctor mediawiki at thegadgetdoctor.com
Tue Feb 5 13:14:11 UTC 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 2:46 PM, David A. Desrosiers <desrod at gnu-designs.com> wrote:

> Currently all maintenance tasks are hard-coded with the standard table
> names. I've run into this and been bitten by it far too many times.

This would seem to be a killer point that I haven't spotted anywhere in the
docs (and a bit of a failing!)

Right now I can't seem to get any maintenance scripts to run as I get the
following failure:

PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'counter.php'
(include_path='.:') in
/var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxx/httpdocs/w/maintenance/update.php
on line 2

I'm scouring the web and the archives right now but if anyone knows the
answer.....