[Mediawiki-l] Using Mediawiki for a closed group, with closed content

Roger rxt360 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:03:45 UTC 2008

Hi there!

I have a test installation of Mediawiki, and would like to be able to
limit access to the wiki to a closed group of people. I need the following:

* Usermanagement is handled by a moderator which creates new users and
assigns rights to them, or
* Registering to the wiki needs at least approval by an admin or moderator
* The possibility to make content public or closed, for the whole wiki,
or per page, or depending on namespaces

I know these options are available in Dokuwiki, but I would like to try
out Mediawiki and see how this works. I think all of this is possible,
but I can't figure out how to do this.

I appreciate help on any of these issues!

Thanks,

Roger