[Mediawiki-l] upgrade successful or not? were schema changes made?

Eric Frost eric.frost at mp2kmag.com
Sun Feb 3 14:21:19 UTC 2008

>> OK I think this has previously happened to me. Did you rename
> LocalSettings.php to something else, copy the new MediaWiki files over
> and then simply rename LocalSettings.php back? I know that is what the
> instructions say but my advice is to rename it, go to your wiki, hard
> refresh and this should trigger the installer. Use the values in your
> original LocalSettings.php to install, then move the new one as it
> says and add your additions to it.<<

Thanks, I'm not sure what it was, either I could have left the
LocalSettings.php
file in the config folder or actually I think it could be just that I copied
in all the
new php files without renaming LocalSetting.php first..

Anyway, when I followed your instructions, it did go through the installer,
prompting for all the settings and making the schema changes (copied below).