[Mediawiki-l] Wiki Main Page Does Not Load on First Attempt

Rebecca Lee r.meichia.lee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 19:32:42 UTC 2008

Hi,

I will preface the email by saying that I'm a beginner --please forgive if I
haven't included any necessary information to solve my problem!

I've just started my wiki project using media wiki 1.13.3, IIS 5.1, PHP 5,
and mySQL 5.1.  I had everything up and running smoothly, but today, I
noticed that whenvever I tried to access my wiki from a remote computer (not
the one that I've been developing from), the main page does not load on the
first try.  I type in the address of the wiki and I get the standard wiki
"There is currently no text on this page, you can search for this page title
in other pages or edit this page."  But everything else, including the logo
and the links in the side bar, are as they should be, and I have to click
"main page" on the side bar, before everything loads normally.

I have not been able to reproduce this error on my own machine, but I get it
on three other machines.

Recent extensions I installed are: Lockdown, Wikiscript, and Wikiwidget.

Anyone have any ideas of what is going on?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Rebecca