[Mediawiki-l] Exporting templates

Justin Permar justin.permar at osumc.edu
Mon Dec 29 20:30:54 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Sorry if my question is already answered on the export page documentation (
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Export ). I read through that page, but
didn¹t understand this section:

³In the current version the export format does not contain an XML
replacement of wiki markup (see Wikipedia DTD for an older proposal). You
only get the wikitext as you get when editing the article.²

My question is if it¹s possible to export templates from Mediawiki (we are
running 1.6.x). Can someone please let me know if this is possible?

In the current export, I see the templates as content in the pages, but no
template definition is exported.

Thanks much in advance.