[Mediawiki-l] watchlist notification

Christopher Curry ccurry at amphilsoc.org
Wed Dec 17 22:10:13 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Watchlist notification is not working on my mediawiki instance.

Just upgraded to 1.13.3, but confirmed that this did not cause the
problem, because my backup 1.12.0 installation also refuses to generate
watchlist notifications.  I compared configurations and they are
identical (except for the spelling change/correction in
"$wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges").

pear is installed and working (I know this because
"$wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges" works fine).

My smtp server is also functioning.

The relevant LocalSettings.php code is as follows (the brackets are, of
course, filled with the appropriate username, password, email addresses,
host, & domain):

$wgEnableEmail      = true;
$wgEnableUserEmail  = true;
$wgUserEmailUseReplyTo = false;
$wgPasswordReminderResendTime = 24;

$wgSMTP= array(
 'host' => "[host]",
 'IDHost' => "[domain of host]",
 'port' => 25,
 'auth' => true,
 'username' => "[username]",
 'password' => "[password]");
$wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges = array('[username]');
$wgRCShowWatchingUsers                = true;
$wgPageShowWatchingUsers             = true;
$wgShowUpdatedMarker                 = true;
$wgEmergencyContact = "[emailaddress]";
$wgPasswordSender = "[emailaddress]";

$wgEnotifFromEditor = true;
$wgEnotifMinorEdits = true;
$wgEnotifRevealEditorAddress    = true;

Are there other configurations that watchlist notifications depend on
that I could check?  Is my php syntax off somewhere that's obvious to
someone with more php knowledge than me?  Could someone refer me to the
appropriate documentation?

Thanks for your time!

--

Cheers,

Christopher Curry
Assistant Technical Librarian / Assistant IT Officer

American Philosophical Society
105 South Fifth Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-3386
Tel. (215) 599-4299