[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki plugin to record screencasts directly from the edit page

Skoffer.com Team team at skoffer.com
Sat Dec 13 22:56:36 UTC 2008

Hi everyone on the list,

I contribute to the Skoffer project, and like to point you to my Skoffer
MediaWiki plugin (GPL).
Skoffer is a free uncommercial project which lets you build in a
screencast recorder into your website. Since MediaWiki is great to make
sofware documentations, the ability to to record screencasts (in
unlimited resolutions and lengths) without installing a software (it´s
Java based) could be interesting for some of you.

If your website could make use of it, please have a look at
http://www.skoffer.com and/or on my blog post
http://www.stefanschulzesteinmann.com/skoffer-mediawiki-plugin/
If you want to see a demo: There are two screencasts in my blog post
which I recorded as a demonstration. The one shows how I create the other.

A happy 3. advent,
Stefan Schulze Steinmann

PS: By the way, you are the first persons who know about Skoffer. This
mail is the project´s starting shot.