[Mediawiki-l] missing a page after mediawiki update

Josh Greenberg josh at pha.jhu.edu
Mon Dec 8 17:39:38 UTC 2008

I've just finished migrating and upgrading my mediawiki server from
1.8.2 to 1.13.2. I also migrated it to another server so I have the old
version to refer to if needed. I got a complaint today that there was a
page missing. I checked it and it just comes up completely blank with no
404 error or permissions error or anything like that. Its just a blank
page. When I did the upgrade I did a random spot check of a bunch of
pages to make sure everything looked ok. I did that again today and
everything I've checked other than this page looks fine.

I'm not familiar with the layout of the database but I went through and
looked at the tables to see if there was anything that looked promising.
Between the two servers/versions, everything for this entry seems to
match in searchindex, pagelinks, page, categorylinks, and archive from
what I can find just searching for the text string or the id numbers
that I'm getting but I'm really going at this blind. Is there a better
way to verify a broken link for this? Would re-running the update.php
script do anything? I'd be happy to just re-create the page since its
just this one but I don't know how to delete the page thats there
without being able to get to it through the web. Any help is
appreciated. Thanks!

Josh