[Mediawiki-l] texvc problems in mediawiki on openbsd/sparc64

Vivek Ayer vivek.ayer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 01:51:19 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

So I managed to compile texvc on openbsd/sparc64 4.3 inside the
/mediawiki/math/ folder using 'gmake texvc.bc'

I enabled TeX in Localsettings.php and created directories for math
and tmp under /mediawiki/images. However, to my dismay, I get the
error "Failed to parse (unknown error):"

I enabled logging in mediawiki and the output I get during the parsing is:

Unstubbing $wgParser on call of $wgParser->firstCallInit from
MessageCache::transform
TeX: ./math/texvc '/w/uploads/tmp' '/w/uploads/tmp' 'E=mc^2' 'UTF-8'
TeX output:

---

I should some output after TeX output, but nothing instead. I tried
running the command manually and png ended up in my directory, so I
know texvc is working. Someone on RHEL had the same problem and they
found out SELinux was causing the problem, so I figured there's
something in OpenBSD that does a similar action. The math and tmp
folders are chmoded to 777 for now.

Should I change something in Localsettings.php? I literally have no
clue as to what to do next.

Help appreciated,
Vivek