[Mediawiki-l] Strange behaviour on user pages whose usernames contain a "+"

Wikimini webmaster at wikimini.org
Wed Dec 3 23:33:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

First sorry for my poor english.

I'm running Mediawiki 1.13.0 on a production web site for children and
noticed a (big) problem on users pages whose names contain a "+".

Here is an example with user P6++

When I access :
 > http://fr.wikimini.org/wiki/Utilisateur:P6++,
I'm redirected to :
> http://fr.wikimini.org/wiki/Utilisateur:P6 (without ++) !!!

I've just created a similar account on Wikipedia fort testing purposes.

When I access :
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Z6++
I get the page :
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Z6++ (with ++) !!!

Actually the problem seems to be specific to the "+" sign. For example,
http://fr.wikimini.org/wiki/Utilisateur:!!!$$zOuzOu$$!!! is working fine!

This problem is really annoying as the
http://fr.wikimini.org/wiki/Utilisateur:P6++ page shows an empty page even
if there is some content on it!

Could someone help?

HTACCESS info:

In the root, I have an htaccess file with the following content:

RewriteEngine on
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^wiki/(.+)$ /wiki/index.php?title=$1 [L,QSA]
Options -Indexes

In the fr folder, I have another htaccess file with the following content:

RewriteEngine on