[Mediawiki-l] How to keep up to date with changes to MonoBook ?

The Gadget Doctor mediawiki at thegadgetdoctor.com
Fri Aug 29 15:43:46 UTC 2008

I have a modified skin to integrate my wiki with my site. It's a little
complex because it integrates a Mac wisiwig tool (RapidWeaver) with
Mediawiki.

The skin I created based on Monobook and so bits of monobook end up in my
RapidWeaver site.

Now I've just noticed that the latest version of monobook has changed subtly
in one bit:

<?php if($this->data['catlinks']) { ?><div id="catlinks"><?php
$this->html('catlinks') ?></div><?php } ?>

has become:

<?php if($this->data['catlinks']) { $this->html('catlinks'); } ?>

Note the div id="catlinks" is now (obviously) provided by
$this->html('catlinks'). I only found this because I validated my page and
found an error.

I was wondering if there is a recognized way for people who mod skins to
keep up to date or if this kind of thing is just a right royal pain in the
ass?

GD