[Mediawiki-l] question about Database::update

GF ganfab at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 07:42:38 UTC 2008

Database::update ( $  table,
$  values,
$  conds,
$  fname = 'Database::update',
$  options = array()
)

UPDATE wrapper, takes a condition array and a SET array.

Parameters:
string $table The table to UPDATE
array $values An array of values to SET
array $conds An array of conditions (WHERE). Use '*' to update all rows.
string $fname The Class::Function calling this function (for the log)
array $options An array of UPDATE options, can be one or more of
IGNORE, LOW_PRIORITY

Should I pass $values already escaped?
Should I use some function indipendent from the db to escape it?
I can do it with mysql php escaping function, but I think it's no good
to use a DB specific function there... or isn't?

thank you.