[Mediawiki-l] TinyMCE

Steve VanSlyck s.vanslyck at spamcop.net
Sat Aug 23 19:19:03 UTC 2008

Lack of double spaces between sentences is the standard publication
protocol for publications using variable-spaced type. The pre-eminent
authority is the Chicago Manual of Style. For the authoritative answer
on this question, see
http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/CMS_FAQ/OneSpaceorTwo/OneSpaceorTwo_questions01.html
.

Pick up and examine any _professionally_ published book, magazine, or
newspaper and you won't find double spaces, nor will you find commas or
periods standing outside the double quotes.

It is definitely not "webism," which repeats, over and over again, the
worst mistakes of common English grammar and punctuation.