[Mediawiki-l] Can't link to an anchored heading of a page from the sidebar

Craig_Flores at PlayStation.Sony.com Craig_Flores at PlayStation.Sony.com
Wed Aug 20 02:42:42 UTC 2008

Hi--

I'm stumped. I have a mediawiki installation and am using the default
monobook skin. I'd like to target an anchored heading of a page, where:

(a) Main_Page is the page I am targetting.

(b) The <a> element I would like to target on the main page is called
"How_We_Can_Help".

Problem: In the sidebar, I typed:

* About
** [[Main_Page#How_We_Can_Help]]|How We Can Help

But this did not work.

I also tried many variants, with and without the "[[ ]]". The <a> exists,
and I was able to do what I want successfully in normal HTML. Can I make
this work in mediawiki, and if so how?

Many thanks.