[Mediawiki-l] change {{NUMBEROFARTICLES}}

Steffen Grimm grimm.otzberg at freenet.de
Tue Aug 19 17:46:35 UTC 2008

Hello,
I've got a wiki abot a special theme. All pages, which doesn,t apply to the wiki are linked to wikipedia (with a template) But I want, that these pages aren't counted in {{NUMBEROFARTICLES}}. I've got pages in other namespaces, which should be counted, too.
This variable isn't working right, so I decided to change the code:
<?
        include ('dbpass.php');
    @mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass);
    @$x=mysql_select_db($dbdata);
        if (empty($x)) {
           echo "Fehler beim Verbinden mit dem Datenbankserver<br>";
           exit;
        }
    $sql = "SELECT page_namespace FROM page WHERE page_namespace = 0 OR page_namespace = 4;";
    $result  =  mysql_query($sql);

$a = 0;
while ($resuld = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_NUM)) {
   $a++;
}
    $sql = "SELECT page_namespace FROM page WHERE page_is_redirect > 0;";
    $result  =  mysql_query($sql);

$c = 0;
while ($resuld = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_NUM)) {
   $c++;
}
    $sql = "SELECT page_namespace FROM page WHERE page_len = 5;";
    $result  =  mysql_query($sql);

$d = 0;
while ($resuld = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_NUM)) {
   $d++;
}
$summe = $a + $b;
$summe -= $c + $d;
?>
This code is working allright, but I don't know where to place it. Must I put it to initStats.inc in the maintenance-folder, or  in SpecialStatistics.php?
Please help me!! :-(

       Steffen Grimm