[Mediawiki-l] Question about SVN

The Gadget Doctor mediawiki at thegadgetdoctor.com
Tue Aug 12 17:44:25 UTC 2008

I know that this list is Mediawiki but I feel at home here and I'm sure
someone knows the answer to this.

I'm using SVN now to manage Mediawiki and, once one gets over the learning
curve, its tremendous.

I know that I can update to the latest version with the (scarily brief and
powerful "svn up") but I'm looking for something that will tell me exactly
what files will change before I issue that command. I would also like to be
able to see what would happen if I gave the command "svn sw" and switched to
another branch.

I've looked at "svn st" and "svn info" but can't seem to find something that
basically runs "svn up" without actually updating anything!

Anyone or should I go and get friendly on the SVN boards?