[Mediawiki-l] Release candidate MediaWiki 1.13.0rc2

Sven.Hartrumpf at FernUni-Hagen.de Sven.Hartrumpf at FernUni-Hagen.de
Tue Aug 12 07:12:24 UTC 2008

Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:20:03 +1000, tstarling wrote:
> Sven.Hartrumpf at FernUni-Hagen.de wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Using diff, I figured out that only 294 files have changed,
> > most of them related to messages.
> > Will it be safe to replace only these 294 files in order
> > to upgrade from rc1 to rc2?
> > If so, is anybody interested in a patch file?
>
> Yes, you can just update the files when upgrading from rc1 to rc2, there's
> no need to re-run the installer or to change LocalSettings.php.

Thanks for the answer.

I produced a patch file for upgrading from rc1 to rc2:

diff -upr mediawiki-1.13.0rc1 mediawiki-1.13.0rc2 > /tmp/patch-1.13.0rc1-rc2

and applied it like this in the installation directory:

patch -p1 < /tmp/patch-1.13.0rc1-rc2

Worked perfectly!

Sven
P.S.