[Mediawiki-l] user rights

Martin S shieldfire at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 05:38:46 UTC 2008

Reading the Manual:User rights page on Mediawiki I guess it isn't possible
to have

Anonymous users (not loggged in)
Edit = false;
Createtalk = true; //including edit talk page

The reason I don't want anonymous users editing pages is that some of them
may contain health sensitive information (editing /sabotaging them may have
pretty nasty consequences). At least if you are logged in, I add some minor
security for the information (of course you can still do harm if you want
to, but hopefully the extra step to do so stops the average dimwit).

Access to the Talk pages would not (directly) influence the content of the
page "proper".

I see there are several user rights extensions, but they all (? IIRC) come
with some general warning about using them on your own risk.

What  do you all think about this?

Regards,

Martin S