[Mediawiki-l] FCKeditor in real use?

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Tue Aug 5 17:53:29 UTC 2008

I'm considering FCKeditor+MediaWiki (http://mediawiki.fckeditor.net/) as a WYSIWYG editor for our wiki.  Is anyone out there using this in a "serious" environment? Is the current "proof of concept" implementation reliable?  Is it ever destructive (i.e., incorrect edits, broken saves)?

I know there are some small bugs (e.g., double-click a word to highlight it, click Italics, and you get ''foobar<space> '' instead of ''foobar'').  Any more significant issues?

Or does it work great for you?

Thanks,
DanB