[Mediawiki-l] EAN-code generator for Mediawiki

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Fri Aug 1 23:38:11 UTC 2008

M Sz wrote:
> Hi!I have made a quick programming session and developed exactly such an extension for you. You (and of course everybody else) can download it and read more about it (as well as see its results) at
> http://www.chaosreligion.com/wtl/index.php5?title=EAN
> or at its MediaWiki page:http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EAN

Hi again,

I experience a problem with the <ean>-tag not being rendered when feeded
by parser & variable functions and SemanticMediawiki queries. I tried
the following but it would render the bar-code in all cases:

== This works ==

<ean>000000190000</ean>

== But not this ==

{{#vardefine:sn|000000{{#ask: [[<some pagename>]] | ?Serie number = }}}}
{{#var:sn}}            <-- test to visually verify correct number = OK.
<ean>{{#var:sn}}</ean> <-- no bar-code

== Nor this ==

<ean>{{#ask: [[{{PAGENAME}}]] | ?Serie number = }}</ean>

Perhaps there's another better hook that can be used which is parsed
after the variables and SMW queries?

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa