[Mediawiki-l] EAN-code generator for Mediawiki

Rolf Lampa rolf.lampa at rilnet.com
Fri Aug 1 23:13:14 UTC 2008

M Sz wrote:
> Hi!I have made a quick programming session and developed exactly such an extension for you. You (and of course everybody else) can download it and read more about it (as well as see its results) at
> http://www.chaosreligion.com/wtl/index.php5?title=EAN
> or at its MediaWiki page:http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EAN

- Wow!  Thank you very much!

And it works!  One thing though; the tag <ean>1234...0</ean> requires
minimum 13 digits before it will try to render. It would be very useful
to have the option to  let the extension pad with leading zero's if the
number given i shorter than 13 digits (for example serie numbers often
is shorter than 13 digits and it can be a bit tricky to pad with zero's
using ParserFunctions).

I also added some install instructions regarding the new '/ean'
directory to the Extension:EAN article (Apache on my server didn't have
the rights to let your script automatically create the folder so I gave
a hint about adding it manually instead).

Again, thank you very much! May I guess that you already thought of
making the EAN code result resizable using parameter but you haven't had
the time to write the road map yet... :)

In any case, <thumbs up> !

Regards,

// Rolf Lampa