[Mediawiki-l] Including multiple, different parts of one

Giuseppe Briotti g.briotti at mclink.it
Mon Apr 21 12:34:18 UTC 2008

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:15:44 +0200 (CEST)
> From: matsch at rockinchina.com
> Subject: [Mediawiki-l] Including multiple, different parts of
> one
> 	article in another
> To: mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to include several different parts of one article in other
> articles. Basically, I want to split up a big article in several
> smaller ones with some stuff around, but keep the big one as
> the master article where all the editing happens.
>
> Is that possible? How?

well, two strategies:

1. split the article in several small articles as you need, then
   replace the original article with several page transclusion.
   With this approach, if you edit small articles the changes
   reflects in the big one too...

2. keep the original big article and use an extension as DPL to
   include part of it in the small articles. With this approach,
   if you edit the original article, the changes reflect in all
   the small articles.

G.
--

Giuseppe Briotti