[Mediawiki-l] Parser functions and 8-bit chars?

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Mon Apr 14 18:29:21 UTC 2008

I have a PHP function that returns an HTML table, occasionally with
8-bit characters in it.  This function is called by a tag extension
<foobar> and a parser function {{#foobar:}}.   When invoked as <foobar>
it works fine, but {{#foobar:}} dies when an 8-bit character is
returned.  No errors are logged; the parser function just displays
nothing.  ({{#foobar:}} works in all other cases.)

Any ideas why this might be so?  Mediawiki 1.12.0, PHP 5.2.5, Apache
2.2.8, Windows 2003 Server.

If no explanation immediately comes to mind, I can try to produce a
minimal example.

Thanks,
DanB