[Mediawiki-l] 2 questions: link OldID and {{sections headings only}}

Rich Evans revansx at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 02:13:09 UTC 2008

  > You can use Parser::extractHeadings() in combination
  > with some hook to get the headings.

  Thank you for you suggestion. Writing the hook should be no problem, but I have failed to determine what exactly this idea implies. Could you provide a little more insight for please? Like, what are the prerequisites for that statement.  and, where is exactly "extractHeadings()" defined and/or documented? is it php or js? Is it exclusive to the mediawiki article class or inherent in the html document model? and sadly, I don't understand the "parser::" syntax. I thought for sure I would be able to decipher your advice, but My usual "teach thyself" methods are failing me on this one. Nothing is turning up in any programming searches that I am doing on the web. Just a little more help should go a long way for me.

  Gratefully,
  - Rich

65s.mg at atlas.cz wrote:
    You can use Parser::extractHeadings() in combination with some hook to get the headings.

  MediaWiki-l mailing list
MediaWiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org