[Mediawiki-l] 2 questions: link OldID and {{sections headings only}}

Rich Evans revansx at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 13:05:25 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

  I have two questions that I am stumped on:

  1) Is there a way to construct an interwiki link that references a past version of an article?

  Presently, the only way I know how to do so is to copy the whole URL as an external link. The only down-side to this is that it is not a portable link if the wiki host should move. One solution I would be happy with is if someone could show me how to make an external link that contains a relative path from the wiki. Solutions requireing extentions are welcomed.

  2) Is it possible to effectively transclude only the TOC of another page?

  I am using a few articles as collaborative news pages whose headings change regularly. What I'd like to do is transclude the section headers only into a summary page which would act as a headline listing. Does anyone know of a technique and/or extenstion which when used in an article will list the section headers of another article (with links).

  truest thanks all,
  - Rich