[Mediawiki-l] parserfunctions question: evaluate vs. display?

Michael Daly michael.daly at kayakwiki.org
Tue Apr 8 19:16:42 UTC 2008

Rolf Lampa wrote:

> this short circuit is very powerful for optimizing code
> execution.

It's also essential to allow common programming approaches such as:

if( A exists and A isblort() )
{...}

Complete boolean evaluation would fail in this case if A doesn't exist
and would force two if statements.  So many languages permit
short-circuit evaluation that I'm surprised to find out that Delphi
allows the opposite as an option.

I would never have expected Parserfunctions to not short-circuit.

Mike