[Mediawiki-l] IP address of logged in user

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:04:31 UTC 2008

On 08/04/2008, Ralph Hulslander <rph at rovenet.com> wrote:

> This is really strange, I have another wiki that shows the IP address of
> unlogged in viewers
> but it has no $wShowIPinHeader entry in LocalSettings.php.
>
> There is also no entry in the new wiki I am trying to setup.
>
> Entering $wgShowIPinHeader = true; has no effect, the IP is still not
> shown.
>
> This is probable not important, I just do not like 0.0.0.0 appearing and
> the
> same is referenced for the confirmation email with new signups.
>
> Thanks for the replies,
>

> Ralph

The default values are in includes/DefaultSettings.php.  Mine has an entry
reading:

  $wgShowIPinHeader       = true; # For non-logged in users

Check whether that entry is still there.  Then, if you have an entry for
$wgShowIPinHeader in LocalSettings.php, simply remove the one in
LocalSettings.php.
Not sure why your override in LocalSettings.php doesn't work.  Have you
verified that you don't have multiple entries?

Kind regards,

Herta
--
"Life on Earth may be expensive,
but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."