[Mediawiki-l] How to make a contunuosly updating clone of a wiki?

j2k jacko2000 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 13:17:48 UTC 2008

Hi!

We have a wiki in our company, and we want a backup wiki server. How
can I do this? My first thought is, that I install a new mediawiki
with the same settings on the second server, then set automatic tasks
to copy the images folder regularly, dump the source wiki databases,
and import them at the destination server.

It is a practicable concept, or there are better methods? E.g. mysql
replication, etc. Google didn't helped me (or I questioned it badly
:).

Regards,
Akos Szabo