[Mediawiki-l] AJAX editing?

Daniel Bolser daniel.bolser at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 11:18:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am looking for an extension to provide something like an 'AJAX edit box'
on the pages in my wiki. I would like to add a tag like

<editBox>Please add your comment here</editBox>

Which would create a little text box in the page (rather like the
'reply' box that appears under emails in GMail). When the user added
text into that box, the save button would appear, allowing them to
save their contribution to the page directly on that page. Maybe 'Preview',
'Save Now' and 'Discard' to really mimic GMail.

The edit would appear above the edit box tags in the 'real' text of the
page, allowing the user to add another edit.

Its crude, but it would be useful for sites that don't so much want
user contribution as user feedback - more like a blog with 'comments'
after each posting.

The box could sign / date the edits automatically for example.

I searched the list of AJAX extensions, and I didn't find what I was
looking for. Is such an inline edit box too complex to make an
extension for?

Cheers,

Dan.