[Mediawiki-l] phpsuexec and uploaded file permissions

Transom transomsailor at excite.com
Wed Sep 26 19:02:15 UTC 2007

Rob Church wrote:

> Run maintenance/rebuildImages.php (set up AdminSettings.php

> first, seeAdminSettings.sample), which should do a quick sweep

> and update MIME types for all your files.

Rob,

I ran rebuildImages. It said it updated 1 of 40 records. I looked at the images table, and the MIME types are still text/plain for all images uploaded prior to the recent changes. Specifically,:

img_media_type = TEXT

img_major_mime = text

img_minor_mime = plain

Fixing those entries isn't a priority for me. I can re-upload them. The problem with permissions--where the files are uploaded as 644 but Apache apparently needs 755 to get at them--is the major issue. The thing that changed was the installation of phpsuexec. Is it valid to run MW with phpsuexec? I assume so, but something isn't right, at least as configured on my server.

An admin at my hosting company wants to hack the script that uploads file to change the permissions, but I don't want to change MW if I can help it.

Any ideas?