[Mediawiki-l] System message without initial linefeed?

Jeff Lane jeffl at valvesoftware.com
Tue Sep 25 20:58:06 UTC 2007

I'm having a problem where I'm trying to hack a system message 'affirmation'
into a form (specifically, the upload form in SpecialUpload.php), following
a new checkbox (the checkbox is required to upload). I'm currently using
this:

		<input tabindex='9' type='checkbox' name=\"wpUploadAffirm\" value=\"1\"
id=\"wpUploadAffirm\" onchange=\"change_form();\" onclick=\"change_form();\"
/>
		");

		$wgOut->addWikiText( wfMsgForContent( 'affirmation' ) );

		$wgOut->addHtml( "

However, when I do this, there's a linefeed output in front of the
'affirmation' message, so the message does not appear on the same line as
the checkbox, but the next one. I looked at the Mediawiki:Affirmation page
and there is no extra linefeed at the start.

Is there another method to correctly parse a message like this that doesn't
include the extra linefeed?

-Jeff