[Mediawiki-l] Per-Page Access Restrictions

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 20:08:24 UTC 2007

A disclaimer was added to the Plexcel plugin page that reads (in part):

"MediaWiki was not written to provide per-page access restrictions,
and almost all hacks or patches promising to add them will likely have
flaws somewhere"

I would like to add a similar disclaimer to our documention but I
would like to better understand the particular failure scenarios. Can
someone provide an example?

Currently we just do a caseless wildcard comparison on the title (e.g.
'Employee_Performance_*'). I suppose there are alternative ways to
retreive page data that do not use the title of the page?

Thanks,
Mike