[Mediawiki-l] How to copy a page?

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Tue Sep 18 15:35:19 UTC 2007

Katharina Wolkwitz wrote :
> as far as I know there is no user-group sysop, because there is only one
> sysop-user per wiki-installation.

no, you can add new sysop-users (and there is a sysop group)

To add a new sysop, you must either

* log in as a bureaucrat (WikiSysop) and go to the page [[Special:Userrights]] of your wiki.

or

* use the ./maintenance/createAndPromote.php function

or

* change something in your mysql database (not a recommended solution though)

> In my wiki-installation the sysop-user is called WikiSysop (which I think is the
> default). This user appears in special:userlist, but is not denoted as sysop.

In my install, it is denoted as

* Wikisysop (Bureaucrat, Sysop)