[Mediawiki-l] MW v1.11: DISPLAYTITLE behavior

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Mon Sep 17 16:45:08 UTC 2007

Hello all,

 From v1.11's release notes:
"Fixed DISPLAYTITLE behaviour to reject titles which don't normalise to
the same title as the current page"
This means that you can't make the page "Foo" appear as "Bar" anymore
(which we used to do on our Main Page, for example).

On the one hand, I welcome this fix.
On the other hand, though, I wonder why there's no fallback behavior to
display the warning from previous versions ("link to this page as ...")
for cases where the desired title does not match the page name.

Is there maybe a setting to allow for a more liberal use of this magic word?

Thanks.

-- F.